Trouble logging in?
Run this simple test to make sure your browser and system are configured properly with Skillport. If your system is configured properly and you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call ACM Member Services:
8:30 am – 4:30 pm Eastern (GMT -4)
If you are receiving the following error upon logging into Skillport using Chrome, simply click OK to proceed with your session. This is a known issue and will be addressed by Skillsoft with an upcoming patch.
For more on Skillport system and browser support, please consult Skillsoft's Client System Requirements.
How Do I Download and Play a Course Offline?
To download a course for use offline you must first install the Skillsoft Course Manager (SCM). Please follow the following instructions to install the SCM and download courses from Skillport.
Although many of Skillsoft's courses are aligned with popular IT and business certifications, neither ACM nor Skillsoft provide vendor certifications directly.
- For Project Management Institute (PMI)-aligned certification courses (CAPM and PMP), you can apply for a Certificate of Completion for Professional Development Units (PDUs).
- Information on Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits in Information Systems Security (ISC)2 tracks such as CISSP can be found here.
What Are the Folders in My Plan?
By default, you will see three folders displayed when you click on My Plan in the top left navigation:
- The Assigned folder is for courses assigned to you by your training manager (the ACM Learning Center). Although there may be courses suggested for you in this folder, you are not required to take or complete any part of them.
- The Personal folder is for your personal use. Add any courses or other training assets to this one.
- The Development Plan folder is for training manager use only. It is currently inactive, though it may be used to create collaborative development plans in the future.
How Do I Access Mentoring Services?
Many of our IT and business certification-track courses include live and email-based mentoring from certified professionals. You can access mentoring in one of two ways:
- Through the Course Catalog: click on the Ask My Mentor Icon in the Details section of each course.
- From the Skillsoft Course Player window: First, click the Show Resources and Settings button on the bottom panel.
Then, choose Ask My Mentor from the left navigation on the next screen.
Accessing Books 24x7
Since both courses and Books 24x7 are hosted by Skillsoft, both are now accessible through Skillport. You may access books directly by clicking through to the book detail page from the Ebook Catalog.
Or, you can access the Books 24x7 homepage by clicking on either Books 24x7 or Skillsoft Courses in the upper right corner of the Learning Center homepage. Either link brings you to Skillport, where you can access Books 24x7 by clicking on one of two links, located in the upper right corner and left navigation, respectively.
Windows 8 Compatibility
Skillsoft will officially support IE10, Chrome, and Firefox on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows RT in the March/April 2013 timeframe.